Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer is here!

These past few weeks have been beautiful, weather wise, but as is the tendency of pure blood washingtonians, after a few days of out of the ordinary hot weather, we begin to wither, and become somewhat irritable due to the heat. this does not get lost in my children and with being is school, getting up early and coming home in the sun they are irritable messes and combined with my irritability it makes for a not so pleasant household. So being the intuitive mother that I am (ha, ha!) I saw what was coming on a day last week and instead of bearing through it I told the kids, spontaneously, to get in the car we were going to the beach. natalee and nicholas were thrilled, Alex not so much but still we needed to get out of our hot house and away from daily chores and homework. It was short-lived but very pleasant. To breathe in the puget sound air and listen to the waves hit the shore, to watch the kids explore and not hear the complaining (except of course alex who didn't want to be there) It was so worth it and I was able to capture a few nice photos.


3 comments:

Jaime said...

looks like so much fun. What a great idea. I bet you are a terrific mom!

What scrapbook program do you use?

Rebecca said...

I love your pages!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Hope you have a great one!

Melain said...

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for summer! I love that sailboat shot in the middle. YAY for living by the WATER!