Monday, August 24, 2009

The views are spectacular

They say the light comes at the end of the tunnel or the rewards come after the trial but in this case it was the views that came after the climb were worth every aching limb afterwards. My sister Bonnie, my friend Mary and I backpacked in to Summitt Lake last week and despite the bugs I enjoyed every moment I had to myself. It truly was inspiring and thought provoking. Self renewing and breathless- not just because of the hiking and extra physical exertion. Take a look...









6 comments:

Paije said...

Beautiful views! Sounds like quite the hike! We think of you guys often as well. When school is back in and life is more scheduled we need to hang out again!

Mark and Jennifer said...

The views are gorgeous and what a fun thing to do!

The Mendenhall's said...

How cool is that. I wonder if I could talk Becca into doing that with me next year. Chance are not high, I might have to tag along with you and Bonnie next time.

Mom OT said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!! Love the beautiful pics!!!

Kristen said...

The views are amazing! Nice work. This is definitely not my kind of camping. I'm a city girl. Glad you had a good time though.

Erika said...

That looked amazing! How fun you had some girl time. Was it a weekend-I miss that!