Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Boys playing army

So the other morning as I was getting ready for church I came up on this scene....






My thought was I love these boys and they are all playing nicely. It was an intricate game and there was a lot of strategy involved. But the best strategy was the memory that was in the making. Isn't childhood all about making memories and as a parent if we can make the good, positive memories outweigh the not so positive we have to be doing something right. Well I have to say Dad is amazing when it comes to making good memories. He is my boys' greatest friend and i love him more for it. The kids' love him and they want to play with him. He gets down on their level, he thinks like them, and he is also a great mediator. They played for over an hour and instead of arguing and frustration, it was giggles, smiles and well...and all around good, positive memory. I love Dad and so do they...we are a happy family.