Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tribute fo our Friends



A little less than a year ago a family moved into our ward – the dixon’s. I had known E through various venues with the youth. When she showed up at church one Sunday, I was excited to see her and also find out they were here to stay. Instantly we became friends, our common interest in the game Settlers of Cataan made it even easier for our husbands to relate also. Who would have known the kind of friends we were to become. Over the past year we have had many a game night, movie night—social night, dinner night and so much more. Just the other day David commented, “I think D is the first friend I have every had the phone number memorized for.” I think that comment was an omen and I will, from this time forward, not allow David to memorize any of our friends numbers because that evening D broke the news that they would be moving…not just across town but to ARIZONA. Yuck! Who would leave beautiful, green, plush Washington to go to dry, allergy infested, brown Arizona? Well I guess they would and for good reason, D is going back to school. On the one hand we are very excited for them and the new adventures they will endeavor upon, on the other hand we are going to miss them tremendously. We have been very blessed in the past year to make some very good friends and we are glad they are not all moving but I must admit when the dixon’s leave, a piece of our heart will go with them. Of course we will miss their kids too- S, Z and J. It will not be as fun watching them grow up through pictures. Maybe one day we’ll make a trip to the desert and visit them but always they will be in our fondest of memories. We love you guys! Good luck and keep in touch!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Thank you so much. I will not confess to shedding a few tears over this. I am going to miss you so, so very much.

RS Publicity said...

Ok. So I will cry a few tears for all of you as well. This is such an emotional time for everyone involved. I am happy to have them down here again but I am feeling every tear and sadness they feel by leaving. I know they truly loved it up there and all the wonderful friends they have made. Thank you for being such a positive part of their lifes. I enjoyed having the opportunity to meet you all and enjoy a little fun time. Please make the trip to dreaded dry, brown Arizona sometime. You might be surprised... It is pretty nice here as well... in a different way. We have green - just a different shade of green. My love to you and your family.