Thursday, September 4, 2008

2 down - 1 to go!


School started yesterday and well...we're off! Alex and Natalee were so excited they couldn't think straight. I made a resolution that if I can't be in school then I would put the same amount of effort into being a mom as I did being a student- so every day (I am on day 2) I have made a list of what needs to be done. First off...NO TV in the morning. I can't believe how much more we get done and how much less bickering is taking place. Oh...its music to my ears. Anyway, I get up at 6.45a with Alex and we read scriptures... then he goes to clean his room and I make breakfast...we actually eat breakfast as a family. After breakfast everyone gets dressed, brushes their teeth and tidies rooms... I make lunches and we listen to Disney Channel music, read books and hang out until its time to go to the bus. It makes for a nice morning. So far, so good! I hope I can keep it up...the atmosphere in the morning is so much more pleasant. Here are some pics of the first day of school. So much fun!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Your back to school layout is soo cute! Where do you get most of your digital elements? Do tell. :)

Paije said...

What a great way to start the day! Keep up the good work Lilli! Paije

Mark and Jennifer said...

Love your morning schedule! I think I need to try a personal schedule, too! You would think as a grandma I'd get so much more done! Not necessarily true! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

I love your morning routine. What a good idea. I don't watch a lot of t.v. but I get on the computer a lot.