Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tribute to Grandma Pearl


Thelma Pearl Kaster
David's Grandma turned 90 years this year. At the party we surprised her with we all had to stand and say something about her. I felt a bit awkward doing so but as I stood to speak my heart was full of emotion. This is a woman who, when she welcomes you into her heart, holds you close forever. Everyone who knows her, knows all about her 2 girls and her grand kids. When I married into this family I automatically became a grandchild and have been treated as one ever since. Ultimately she is an example of loyalty, love, and compassion. Her love for her departed companion Wally will forever be etched in my heart and mind as an example of the friendship that should be between husband and wife. They were loving, forgiving, kind, accepting and oh so much more. They could joke without guile, they accepted without strings attached and most of all they lived what they taught. I love this woman and long to live the same life as she, so that in the end when it is my time...I will leave this life having lived it fully and being surrounded by the ones I love. Here's to many more years Grandma!

4 comments:

Mark and Jennifer said...

I know what you mean! She sounds wonderful! It seems this generation of people work hard, love unconditionally, and are so genuine! Happy Birthday to her!

Anonymous said...

she looks just like David to me too! If she's anything like David, I have every reason to believe she is a wonderful person. I love the scrap page, its so simple and yet so effective.
One question- why does it say "Shoot a Pickle"? Inside family joke?

Erika said...

I love that! What a wonderful example of womanhood you have. I am so glad that you cherish that relationship and enjoy her so much.

Melain said...

You're lucky to have her. Mine are both gone and I miss them terribly. There's a certain kind of influence that generation has that is VERY valuable. That, and I miss her laugh.