Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Year's Eve 2007

This year was so great! It has become somewhat of a tradition to go out with Joan and Byron for New Year's Eve and to celebrate our Anniversary with them. The past few years we have gone to Ti Tungs (a chinese restaurant in Seattle) but this year we opted for something new. Now when I say we go out with Joan and Bryon it's not just them, usually it is Mark and Janet, and any of their kids and of course any of the Joan and Bryon's kids. This year it was Jonny, Kathy and Seth, and Mark and Janet. We decided to go to a Brazilian Restaurant in Seattle- Iponema's (all you can eat beef, pork and salad bar. It was amazing. I realized after tonight that I am not as much a beef fan as I used to be, however it was still very good. The meat melted in your mouth. You didn't even need dipping sauce. Anyway- We all had a great time. David and I especially liked hanging out with Kathy and Seth. Afterwards, we all went to see a movie- Enchanted. I know it sounds so "for kids" but it was worth watching- even if just to see Patrick Dempsey on screen for 2 hours. It was funny, the music was great, the story was good and well...let's just say I saw it again with Natalee a week later. Then we headed to the Binghams to play games. After a rough start, trying to figure out the rules of a new game, we had a great time playing a new pirate game called "Loot". It was so much fun. Then we rang in the new year together. After ringing in the new year we had to head home- since babysitting isn't free these days. New Year's Eve was great--however the kids waking up at 6.30am was not the hightlight of the new year.
David, Kathy and I- waiting to grab a piece of meat off the skewers.
Seth, Jonny and David posing for the camera
Here's the whole group of us. This is after we are stuffed-yet still waiting for our dessert to arrive.
David and I putting the moment on camera
Kathy and I messing around blowing kisses to our husbands across the table - or something like that.
Kathy and Seth
Kathy and I when we saw the bill. Yikes! $600 dollars for the entire group. Thanks Joan and Byron and Mark and Janet. We couldn't have done it without you. We had a wonderful time.
I had to pose again with my handsome husband. We don't have too many pictures of just the two of us.
Joan and I were partners for the game -Byron was a bit tired. We had fun learning the new game and bonding. Thanks again Joan for a great evening.
Getting ready to ring in the new year with our martinelli's sparkling cider.
The fireworks were lit with the New Year's Kiss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THat restaurant sounded so cool til you mentioned the price..you're kidding right?? You guys looked great!

Rebecca said...

Yum! Sounds good!
I heard Enchanted is really good!
I want to see it!
You look GREAT!
Fun pictures!