Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What a great weekend!

Well, it started out with me finishing my 2nd draft of my paper earlier than expected so I was able to step into the activity of the weekend without any stress or guilt. Saturday Evening we were invited to a Murder Mystery Party by my friend Rebecca and it was so much fun. It was all out, with costumes, food and the decorations matching the theme of the murder scene. "Maiming the Shrew" was the title and David was Gridlock, the merchant of tennis and I was Queen Illicibeth. We had a great time meeting new people and pretending to be someone else for the evening. We would definitely do it again. Thanks Again Rebecca, for inviting us!

Sunday was Super Bowl Sunday! I try not to make a big deal of it-- but with David being such a sports fan its hard not too. This year we invited his cousins, Johnny, Kathy(and Seth), and Kristee to join us and Kristen and Tom. Tom opted for plans with his friend Kip- but Kristen joined us with my brother Christian for Pizza, chicken wings, drinks (non-alcoholic of course) and ice cream. We topped off the evening with our newest found game -LOOT- and smoothies. It was a fun night and a great game. I was actually not feeling so hot over the weekend and come to find out--- I had strep throat! Things are getting better and now I am just nursing the kids back to health. Enjoy the pics from the weekend! Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Well Thanks to Rebecca I snagged these pics off her website for everyone to see just how spectacular the evening was. (Is there a copyright on pictures I am in?) Anyway, this was such a fun evening I wanted to share it in its fullest with my friends and family.

Queen Illicibeth and Gridlock the Merchant of Tennis
Kristee and Kristen
Seth, Kathy and Christian with Natalee and Nicholas as decorations.
and Johnny! Who could have a party without Johnny?
What a great game!! Let's celebrate!
Aunt Kristen and Nicholas! So cute!
Darn, those Giants! (Was it the Giants that played?)

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Looks like so much fun both the murder mystery party and the game.

You probably knew this, but did you know that my family and the grover family go way back? Byron & Joan were very good friends with my parents. I also attended the singles ward with Kristen before I married Andrew. Small world. We had some good times together.

You can ask them about the Willis family!

Groverfam said...

I did know that. I hear about their late game night's all the time. It sounds like so much fun. It is funny how small the world is. I have even seen pictures going way back. It was fun the game and the murder party. We don't get out much to do things out of the ordinary and this woke up that inner desire to do so.

Rebecca said...

F.U.N!
Glad to hear you're feeling better!
What is LOOT?

Groverfam said...

Its a fun game of Pirates stealing merchant ships- its a card game by mensa we got for christmas. the first game or two were a challenge but after that its pretty catchy, quick and a great social game.

Anonymous said...

Thanks man!! I had such a great time...it seems to have just whet my appetite for another one..maybe one with more light? haha..it was a little hard to read! What a great night tho. It looks like superbowl sunday was even better!