Friday, April 18, 2008

Andrew Joseph Brown



Gretchen had a beautiful baby boy born:
April 17, 2008 @ 12:24 am.
6 lbs 2 oz - 19.5 inches long

Her water broke the previous morning and there was just no stopping him. He was ready to enter the world. He is actually 5 weeks premature. But yikes! Just as big as any of my kids. A head full of black hair and beautiful skin. I was actually pretty honored to be there during the birth- I got to be the official photographer. Don't worry I stayed away from the graphic stuff. But I must say the room was full of emotion and I found myself holding back the tears. My little sister was having a baby and to see her push so hard to bring this little boy into their family was so heartwarming. Its so hard to believe she and Joe are parents- I still think of them as teenagers dating in high school. I found myself reflecting on those days and realizing just how much they have grown in the 8 years they have been together. They are going to make wonderful parents. They have so much love to give and so much to teach "our little Andy". Congratulation to them - and Much love!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting!!! She looks so much like you. Of course I looked at the pictures first and I was jaw-dropped to find out that the baby was a premie!! I love his name too.
Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

oh, and I love your music!!

BreAn said...

Congratulations to Gretchen! That is awesome. I remember when they were dating in high school; I can't believe its been 8 years! Geez. Pls tell her I send my love and that I am SO excited for her!

Amanda said...

Yay! I was so excited to hear the news yesterday and was waiting for you to post pics! It makes me jealous that I still have 4 more months but I am so happy for them! They look thrilled!

Mark and Jennifer said...

Aaaah! So sweet! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Rebecca said...

i still can't believe it!
so exciting!
beautiful baby boy!