Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Reflections


I just saw the most beautiful video of the life of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Reflections of Christ. It is worth every second of the 5 minutes it takes to watch it. I feel I must share it with my blogger friends and family because it truly represents the testimony I have of who Jesus Christ is and the role he plays in my life. I don't speak often of my thoughts on our Savior because in this world we must constantly fear offending someone. However, those who know me, know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is everything to me. Jesus Christ is my savior. He came to this earth to bring us our Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation. He suffered in agony for the sins of every person who has lived, lives now, or will live. In this one act alone he made it possible for us to repent and have the opportunity to live with our Heavenly Father again, he over came spiritual death. When he gave up his life on the cross and was resurrected 3 days later, he overcame physical death so that we all could be resurrected and have perfected bodies in the eternities. It is through his example we can become like him, if we so choose. Living the gospel of Jesus Christ is work, it is daily recognition that I have so much to learn and to grow but more than that it is the joy that comes from knowing that it is possible to overcome those weaknesses. It is the blessings that fall all around me to remind me that He knows me, He loves me, He wants me to succeed. In spite of all that is happening in this world I know that I can make a difference in the lives that surround me. I can serve others and love others. I can share the joy I have and bring a bit of peace to those who are experiencing difficult times. This is me! This is what drives me. This is what I want my children to know for themselves through my example.
*I'm trying to be like Jesus
I'm following in his ways
I'm trying to love like he did
In all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers
Love one another as Jesus love you
Try to show kindness in all that you do
Be Gentle and loving in deed and in thought
for these are the things Jesus Taught.


* when you follow this link to listen to the song in its full glory click on the option words and music under recorded music and then hit play.
**the picture of Christ is done by Simon Dewey and can be found at this site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for that beautiful testimony. I absolutely agree with you about the video, it captures all of our thoughts so perfectly. I love that primary song too- so simple and yet so accurate.
Thanks for your comments on my site too, you're so wonderful

Mark and Jennifer said...

Haven't seen the video, yet, but now I want to. I also loved your words.

Mark and Jennifer said...

Thanks for pointing out the link to this video. I really enjoyed it!!