Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Housecleaning


Who actually like cleaning houses. I know there are people out there that like the house clean but do you actually like cleaning the house? This is my big beef lately. I clean and clean and clean, yet it remains dirty. I could spend all day doing laundry, vacuuming, mopping, dishes, organizing, tidying and still that evening it's a mess. Now sure i have some responsibility in that I haven't truly taught my children correct cleaning principles however, I can handle telling them to clean this and that it is the big child that I honestly do not feel gets how frustrating uncleanliness is to me. He plays so great with my little children and they love him to death, he will even play with me every now and then but (other than the dishes) to get him to keep thing tidy while I am gone or for that matter- just in the other room- well it's like, in his case, having to go in and get blood drawn. I so want for someone else to take over the cleaning duties- to actually feel like they care about what the house looks like even when no one is coming over to visit. I want someday to come home after being out and find the house in ship shape order and not even having asked it to be done. I mean geez it doesn't get done even when i ask so to get it done when I don't ask would be twice the pleasure. Talk about a way to get me "in the mood"! Did I ever think life would get to this point in life--my thoughts as a youth of being a wife and mother never resulted in this. I don't complain-ok maybe I do a little- but I wouldn't give it up because despite this I love my life. Everyone has things they would like to be different and I am no different but I do have 3- oh wait make that 4 children who love me tremendously-even if i do have a "moment (s)" every now and then. I know I sometimes question the love but deep down i know its there I just need to figure out how they are showing it since it is so different from how I show my love. I mean it must be love for any of them, especially my husband, to still want to be with me despite all the things I do wrong and say wrong. I am not perfect and honestly I shouldn't expect everyone around me to be perfect. Hey- whoever said writing is therapy knew what they were talking about. Blogging can be a blessing! Hope you got as much out of this as I did.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I know exactly how you feel! I LOVE a clean house, even when its just for me and no one special is coming over! But Braden on the other hand is fine with having some clothes strewn about, dishes in the sink, "things" on the table or counter and it drives me crazy! When I have a day off, I clean and tidy and organize and make the bed, when he has a day off I secretly hope that when I come home, maybe some of the dishes are put away or some laundry done but is it ever...NO! I just hope that one time I will come home after him and have the house a little tidier so that I can relax too! But I too know he shows his love in many other ways but having clean sure would help put me in the "mood" more often too! :)

Anonymous said...

oh man...it totally did sound therapeutic tho- to watch how your writing sort of commenced from irritation to knowing that you know they love you- just in a different way than you love them!
My house is a mess because of me, I believe. kids will be kids but their messes are so much easier to clean up than mine! If I leave Ryan home with a sick kid for church, I come home to the the dishes done, the carpets vacuumed and half of the garage cleaned. If he leaves me home he comes home to half of Fablehaven read. Hmmm....

Erika said...

Wow, it is nice to know we all deal with the same things. Someday we will get it worked out or maybe train ourself not to think about it. Who knows!!! In the mean time we can all vent and then remember we are loved, hehe.