Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Birthday Wishes



So it was my birthday a couple days ago and yes I am another year older...33 to be exact. Birthdays to me are for one thing and one thing only...a time to get together with friends and family and celebrate the joy they bring to me throughout the year. I had a wonderful birthday...my sister came over and helped me clean my house...which was a much needed and wonderful thing for her to do. I have decided that I need her to come over once a month just to give me company and the motivation to do it myself. My other mom -David's mom- took me shopping all day Saturday and purchased a few nice pieces of clothing for me...My mom gave me a year of movies...once a month whether it be a rented video or movie at the theatre, for the next year i get to share an evening with her watching movies...and I have all the goodies to go with it. My husband David...after being told by myself that my trip to Kansas would be my gift...even went out and purchased the plush, soft body pillow I had mentioned over a month ago for my gift. It was a nice day and ended with friends and family coming over to share the evening with me. I didn't get the word out to everyone... it was kind of last minute... but those who were there made me feel special, loved and a part of something bigger than myself. Each person in my life helps me to see the person I can be, through their eyes. Looking back over the past year I am very grateful for the experiences I have had, the friends I have made, the choices that have blessed my life, and for the growing I have done. I am better than I was last year and I owe it all to the people that grace my life and teach me through their example. So, as I bring this to a close I make my birthday wish for the next year...I wish that I can be the same kind of example to my friends and family that they are to me...I wish that I can learn to hold my tongue and treat everyone the way I would want to be treated-with the respect and love they deserve...that I can get lost in the service of others-my family included-and forget about myself yet by doing so, find myself in a way I never have before. Happy Birthday to me...until next year!

4 comments:

Erika said...

It was so fun to come to your house and be together with your family and friends. I just really enjoyed it. You are a fantastic friend!

Anonymous said...

oh dumb! I had no idea!! Oops, I mean, of course I knew,thats why I asked you to go to the movies with me tomorrow...
Happy Birthday! You look amazing and your family definitely knows how to treat you right :)

Mark and Jennifer said...

A belated "Happy Birthday" to you Lili! Sounds like the perfect day and you look so beautiful in the pictures!

Paije said...

Happy Birthday Lili! We have to get together again soon! Paije